Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Currently


Loving: The summer. It is abnormally hot right now, but I love this time of year regardless. Also, loving big cuddly Jasper dog. He is such a normal and sweet canine. For instance, when he is scared he comes to me to cuddle, when I am crying or he can tell I am sad he comes to me to provide comfort. I really love this dog.

Reading: So many things. Just finished The Leftovers (Interesting and well written, but just hard for me to get into for some reason, I Smile Back (eh, take it or leave it), Overexposed (this was a fun and light read, great for relaxed summer reading). Just started Imperfect Birds last night and am so thrilled. Anne Lamott is my favorite author as I can really connect with her style and can easily become absorbed in her writing. I casually glanced around the "L" section in the library last week and saw this title I hadn't yet read and was pleasantly surprised to find familiar characters inside. If you are an avid reader I'm sure you understand what a treat that can be.

Watching: Last night E and I watched Running the Sahara and I would highly recommend it to everybody. The film follows three men who decide to come together to do a through-run of the Sahara, running the equivalent of a couple marathons a day for over 100 days straight, in the desert. Inspiration can definitely be found in this film and the ability to see small glimpses of a different culture is also a nice treat.

Anticipating: E's finishing laying the new wood floor in baby girls room as we speak. I'm anticipating it's completion so we can begin decorating, placing her things in their places and generally begin preparing even more for her arrival. 

Listening to: Lots and lots of nailing and air compressor churning as E nails the floor. 

Planning: A new schedule for myself that involves plenty of writing, drawing, crafting, photographing and home preparing. 

Working on: My creative pursuits. I am lucky to have a bit of time to myself before baby girl comes along and I want to take advantage of this time to tap back into the things that I love and that I feel are most important to me. 

Wishing: For a big ol' pot of gold, but more seriously that everything continues to go smooth with my pregnancy and we are able to have the birth we desire when the time comes. 

Sara

Inspired by Danielle.

6 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I love the way you put our life into perspective and share with all. I really do. It is a fun part of my day to read what you put down.
    I laughed out loud at work just now after reading.
    "lots and lots of nailing and air compressor churning as E nails the floor."
    Love you,
    - E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "Planning" :) I did a "Currently" post as well if you want to give it a look.









    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet sweet love. You are the best thing. I said it this weekend and I'll say it again, I'm so much better with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just checked out Imperfect Birds! That's going on my Kindle wish list! It sounds great! I found you through Danielle's blog! I did a currently too if you'd like  to check it out! :)


    http://hellolj.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/hello-current-me-july/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished today and would definitely recommend it! :) Thanks for stopping by! 

    ReplyDelete