Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Love and Marriage

Here I am, married, well-rested, and incredibly happy. We are back to the every day, but thankful to be here and to have this life to live and are looking forward to continuing on our journey together. My partner-in-crime is the best one I could have asked for and although saying vows, brandishing a ring, and sharing a meal with our loved ones doesn't make our love any more real or any more significant than it already was, it does feel good to now be husband and wife to one another and to have had such a special day to celebrate the love we have had, do have, and will continue to nurture into the future. 

(Preview from our wonderful photographer and human being Virginia.)

When we chose to move our wedding date up to the spring we also chose to keep things simple. We wanted to just have our immediate family (parents, siblings, grandparent) and a few close friends present, adding up to just around two dozen of our nearest and dearest. We also chose to have a simple dinner at one of our favorite spots, with everything tying up around seven p.m. While it was not an easy decision to make, that of keeping things small or trying to be all-inclusive, we are so pleased with how everything turned out and have no regrets. By keeping things small we were able to focus on each other and the real meaning of what was happening and that meant the world to us both.


Now we are continuing on in the life we have been living for over four years, building the future we want for ourselves and for our little gal. I couldn't be more happy to call E my husband. He is the kindest and silliest and most loving fella I could ever wish for and I am humbled by his patience, understanding, and love each and every day.


I will wear my little bird and branches as a reminder of our love of each other, of nature, of life and of our growing family and will look forward to seeing where this journey continues to take us.

Sara

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You both look relaxed and happy, and it sounds like a perfect celebration. (I'm very partial to small weddings.) Wishing you many, many more years of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your wedding day was about the love and all that good stuff, but can I just say that you both looked incredible? :) I'm glad you were able to have a wedding that you really, really wanted. Small wedding are awesome because you get more time to spend not only with your husband but also your guests. I can't imagine having to run around and greet everyone all night. Haha.    Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mrs. E!  :)  I simply LOVE that you chose sunflowers for your bouquet.  I can't believe you're already married now.  Seems like just yesterday that you got engaged.  Next up -- meeting little Nugget.  Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad everything went well and that you are pleased with how it all turned out! It looks like it was beautiful, can't wait to see more pictures. :) And I LOVE your ring, so lovely and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. zestoflifeandlemonsJune 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM

    Your ring is fantastic!  What a great choice.  So original.  I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It looks like it was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much and thanks for stopping by! :) The day was wonderful. It was super hot being the middle of June, but we loved every minute of it. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! We were set on finding rings that fit our interests and were made by independent artists/crafters and we succeeded. I'm not a big jewelry gal, but I love my simple little bird and branches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a bunch Liz, all around! :) We are super excited to see the rest of the photos and I'm sure I'll be sharing way more than anyone cares to see once we have our hands on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, thanks Shirley! I had no clue what flowers to get off-hand, but knew I wanted something simple and wildflower-like and we found just that. No kidding on the already being married, huh?! We only got engaged in September, but knew we wanted to be together just a few months in over four years ago, so I guess there was no reason to wait! :) I can't wait for little Nugget either. :) We have plenty to get ready before she arrives, but we sure will be excited when that day comes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much Janelle. That's one thing we actually really loved about keeping things small, not having to spend all night running around greeting everyone and feeling like we have to host all night. We love everyone in our lives, but just not the way we wanted to celebrate. This way suited us just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Noelle. Small was awesome and if we had to do it again we'd do it the same, no regrets, which I think is a good sign that we got it right. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations ... Enjoying your site so I'm nominating you for the Illuminating Blogger Award for informative, illuminating blog content. I know not everyone participates in blog awards but I hope you'll at least check it out because it's a great way to discover new blogs and meet new web friends. If you're interested in participating, you can check out the details at my site ... http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/ ... Either way, hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, congratulations! You look so beautiful in your wedding dress. I love the ring you chose, and the story behind it is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Lyndall. :) Super happy over here.

    ReplyDelete