Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Project: Book Page Votive Jars


I have been working on an endless list of creative projects lately and this just so happens to be the latest one. I posted an inspiration photo in a recent post and we finally managed to have a few empty flat-sided jars on hand (from pickles, jam, and so on) so I got to it and am in love with the results. Plus, this project cost me zero pennies as everything was being repurposed or was something I already had on hand.


Supplies are simple: Empty Jars, Pages of Old Books or Printed Text, Sponge Brush, Exacto Knife, Pencil, Mod Podge.

I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory...tear out book pages, cut to size, draw shapes and cut them out, mod podge to jars, fill with candles, light the candles, and literally bask in the glow of your craftiness.


I'm a big fan of these simple kinds of projects and just taking an hour or so out of my day to create something can really give me the boost I need when my mood could use it, this one definitely did the trick. 

Have you done something like this before or do you think you will now? 

Sara

4 comments: