Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

So Much Love

Today was incredible. I was out my door and in the passenger's side of my Mama's jeep by six a.m. as we quickly made our way to Kansas City for the arrival of my newest niece. As with her first daughter, I was able to be in the room to support my sister and while I was nervous to do so this time around, being close to delivering myself, I must say it was a wonderful experience. That sister of mine is a champ and while bearing witness to a real-time birth story was a bit reality-check inducing, I can say with all honesty that her quick and relatively smooth labor also helped to give a little boost to my confidence. I won't share too many details here as it is not my story to tell, but I definitely salute her for her strength and kick-butt abilities. 

Now, Mom and I are holding down the fort with my little gal pal while E holds down the fort at home with the critters. Tomorrow will bring plenty more time for newborn snuggles and playtime with my girl, so I better start my sheep counting soon because the morning will come so soon.

So much love all around.

Sara

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sister. Welcome little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love being an aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait for my siblings to have kids so i can be an aunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new niece! Eloise is turning into such a little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! And yes, I can't believe how quickly Eloise has grown. It really doesn't seem so long ago since I was there for her birth as well. Time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's pretty great I must say! And you'll be awesome at it for sure, with all of your fun ideas and activities. They're bound to love Aunt Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. She is in love with her two daughters and I am so happy for her.

    ReplyDelete