Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Focus on the Positive


I challenge myself to start focusing on the good in my life. This isn't always a problem for me as I have worked long and hard at trying to live a life of positivity, but recent worries often have me talking about stresses when in the company of friends rather than focusing on the good things. Our society at large seems to be victim to quite an epidemic of this, with everyone joining together and talking about the struggles, which is helpful and often therapeutic, but less often are we joining together and focusing on all of the good that is in our lives despite the struggles. I wish this would happen more often and will try a bit harder on my end, for there is so much to be thankful for and to find joy in even on the days that it all seems so very overwhelming. What do you think?

Sara

8 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you. I find when I focus on the positive the struggles and stresses don't seem so bad after all :) And often they seem much more manageable. Hope you are well and enjoying these last moments of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if people came together and shared in positivity it would spread. Negativity and pessimism spreads like wildfire.... it's hard to change thoughts from negativity to positivity but with serious efforts people could really change. I like this post very much. I have tried to change my life over the past year to REALLY change and so far, so good. :) I love reading your blog, you are always SO positive. Don't change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely true. I feel when I focus on the positive the other things are still bothersome, but they don't ruin the day or cancel out everything else. They are then just another thing to handle before moving on to the more beautiful and enjoyable things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right. It is actually really hard to sit around when everyone is talking about negative things or complaints and to NOT join in. It really is so noticeable when you make a conscious effort to be positive. And wooooohoo for you changing your life for the better. You seem so happy with Chauncey, your critters, and your soon-to-be baby girl. You are fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this is a very real and everlasting struggle. I too get worried over small and big things and worse, complain about it. When I am aware of my behaviour, I do consciously try to turn it around though. But yes, it takes quite some effort and strength, and sometimes it doesn't work. that's Ok too. We are human, we will always find this difficult, and as long as we are trying it is good :)


    http://magicaldaydream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, so long as we are trying that is what really matters. We don't have to be perfectly positive all the time, but just being mindful of the energy behind the things we are saying and spending our time thinking about can be so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! It seems so easy to talk about all that is wrong and bad. Positivity is the key! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so easy to talk about the bad and to complain, I definitely agree that positivity is key. :)

    ReplyDelete