Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Knitting Fever


The past two days I have done barely anything but knit. You see, I gathered beautiful yarns, chose a pattern and began a blanket long ago. Wanting the blanket to be larger than the intended size I chose to expand it. Well...that didn't go as planned and it turned out really funky and left me feeling majorly bummed. Hours and hours were poured into that blanket and I have this mental checklist of wanting to make a knit blanket and a quilt for each of our children, so I was really disappointed in myself for having jacked it up. Granted, it was my first time knitting a blanket, but still, so although I didn't have money for any new yarn, I did have some in my stash and some leftover from the first attempt, so I started a new one before bed Sunday night and have been knitting like wild. We'll see if the baby or the completed blanket is here first! Other than that I have knit up some little hats and also pulled out my stash of knit baby legs and a little sweater I made before baby was ever in utero. I was so excited to pull these things out and see that I do have a little stash of hand-knits ready to go for our little fall baby. I can't want to get her all snuggled up in them and to know I was able to create them on my own, just for her.


Have you ever had a project go majorly wrong and feel you must redeem yourself with a re-do? I'd love to hear your stories.

Sara

12 comments:

  1. Such cute baby knits, can't wait to see your little one in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those all look awesome! i love the legwarmers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leg warmers are cute! I wish I was crafty enough to make baby stuffs but, alas, not a crafty bone is in this body. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I am so impressed with your projects!! Love those owl buttons on the sweater. I definitely know the feeling of having to start a project over because it's not turning out as envisioned. Hope this second blanket goes better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren @ crumbbums.comSeptember 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

    Oh, that sweater is too cute! And I have never learned to knit, so I have to say I am really impressed with your cute stuff, even if the blanket didn't go the way you planned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! The blanket was totally nuts, but it's all my fault. I've only been knitting a little over a year (after having taken a class) so I try to cut myself some slack, but was still totally bummed. Luckily the new one should be done by the end of the night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Liz! :) The second version is going much better. I'm bummed to be having to use whatever yarn I have leftover rather than those I chose, but it's still really nice and actually looks right, so that's a plus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those babylegs and that little cardigan are so cute! I love knitted baby things. I knitted and crocheted a lot in the end of my pregnancy, I was so restless that it was good to have something to do with my hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I'm excited for seeing her in them as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks. I kind of wish they were my size, so soft and cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. But you make all of your bracelets and things for your shop! Very crafty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! The sweater is so tiny, I made it in a beginning sweater knitting class, but I think it should fit for at least a short time. Definitely good to have something to do with your hands and your time, I only wish I knew how to crochet as well.

    ReplyDelete