Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Loving Well


E and I went for a long walk through the botanical gardens after our midwife appointment on Sunday morning. We revisited our wedding site, fed the koi fish in the Japanese gardens, and just generally took everything in and enjoyed the time together, just the two of us, yet it never really is just the two of us anymore and as much as I try to really focus on those moments she always seems to slip into my thoughts, into our conversation, into each second, and I don't see that as a bad thing. We are ready, we want her in our lives so deeply and love her more than I can even describe. Just today I was rubbing and patting her little bottom through my belly, telling her how much I love her. I found myself sitting and crying tears of joy at the thought that we will soon be meeting our daughter and while life will never be the same, I can cry happy tears at that as well, because while we've enjoyed our years together as a couple, we are ready to welcome our daughter into all of those experiences we enjoy so much and to show her how to love and how to be loved. 

Sara

14 comments:

  1. wishing you the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful post made me cry!! I am so incredibly happy for you and can not wait to witness you and your growing family as you experience this great love. Take care, get rest, and enjoy every moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet post! i can't wait for you to hold your little girl in your arms. you are going to be such a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me cry. It is all so amazing, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! I haven't had a chance to stop by here in a bit, and I was worried I'd missed Nugget's debut! But for your sake I hope she comes soon so you can meet her face-to-face finally :) PS. love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me so so happy for you guys! Isn't it the best saying "our daughter"?!? I am just over the moon excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is the best and so so very mind-blowing. :) So excited for you too. We're both going to be full-fledged mamas any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Nugget debut yet! :) I know she'll come when she's good and ready, but am definitely excited to see and to get to know her face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Deanna. It will be so crazy and wonderful to finally hold her in my arms. I can't believe it's almost time as it still feels a bit unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your happiness and support means so much to me since you are such a wonderful mother yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. jess @ cupcakes and kaleSeptember 20, 2012 at 7:02 AM

    sigh, this is so beautiful.... i just read this for the third time, and for the third time got all choked up!

    ReplyDelete