Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Recovering, Loving & Baby Wearing

Thanks to everyone for the love and congratulations upon announcing our girl's arrival. We are all doing well and recovering slowly but surely. I actually feel pretty great for having given birth just those short few days ago, but am still looking forward to feeling up for walks around the neighborhood as a family and for sitting on non-cushy surfaces. It shouldn't be too long. 


Today I dove in and gave the Moby Wrap a try. E had worn it the other day with much success, but this was my first try. After a little frustration at trying to figure out what to do with this long piece of material I figured it out and am so glad I did. Little gal loves it as she loves to be close and snuggly as much as possible and I love it as I can have my hands free while still continuing to snuggle her. I'm even able to type with two hands so I can actually check in with you all. Perfect!

Plus, we took our first trip out of the house to run to Target for some necessities and little miss did great. AND, when we got home her and I were able to bake the blueberry muffins I have been craving. Granted, I'm not snuggled up on the couch giving my body a break, but this whole baby wearing thing gave me just what I needed today and I am definitely on board.


Well, time to go scarf down some tacos and smoothies and chug a gallon of water. Seriously, I'm even more of a camel than usual these days. Hope everyone is doing well!

Sara

20 comments:

  1. You look beautiful mama! And the two of you look perfect snuggled up together. Please take it easy, give your body the time it needs to heal and recover, so important for you and your precious Izzy. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for baby wearing!!! It is the best! You look so beautiful, you are a natural!! SO gald that you are up and moving about. Stay hydrated and get rest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I have an Ergo carrier with the newborn insert, so I'm really looking forward to using that! She looks so snuggly & happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So snuggly! You guys look right at home, all wrapped up together. Cuddle that baby and drink that water, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love our Moby Wrap! So snuggly. :) And hot and sweaty too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! You're looking really well - can't wait to see more pics of Izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I am definitely taking it easy now. It was nice to be out for a moment but probably a bit too much too soon. I do look forward to gently easing my body back into things when it's ready though. That fall weather is just calling for us to come exploring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Liv. :) I'm definitely taking it easy most of the time even though it's hard for me to sit back and let E do everything. Guess I have a big enough job feeding little lady with such frequency though and he has reminded me to give myself a break and just focus on taking care of myself and Izzy, so that's what the plan is for now. :) But YAY for being a mama at last. Glad to join you in that role. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so great to keep them cuddled up close while still being able to have your hands free. We have an Ergo too and I'll be interested to try it out. Oh, and definitely get Chauncey on board with the baby wearing. E's a natural at it and I must say it adds extra points to the sexy meter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can already tell I'll feel the same once this stage has passed. It's so nice having them close.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It feels so perfect and wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, definitely can get hot with all of that fabric. Good thing fall is here and should be giving us a break soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I never used this type of wrap, but used the Ergo and the Baby Bjorn, and loved both for different reasons. You look so comfortable, and so does she! Also, tell me about the water thing! Every time you sit down to nurse, make sure you have a big glass of water beside you. It never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did a lot of sitting around on ice packs after Felix was born, hehe. It's hard because it's not really an area you can rest! Especially with all the sitting and feeding that needs to be done. And yes, the thirst! I felt like all the moisture was being sucked out of my body when I nursed him in those early days.


    We loved our stretchy wrap! I've just ordered a woven wrap which is good for using with bigger babies. I love babywearing so much, seeing that little smushy face when they are snoozing in there is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! We have a couple different carries and I'm finding myself using them at different times. We haven't broken out our Ergo yet, but I think I'll really like that as she gets a little bigger and for longer outings, but I guess we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tell me about it! :) The midwives said try to have some time on my side resting and things, but that's hard to do while I'm caring for little lady and the dogs. I'm trying though!


    I like the idea of a woven wrap for when they're bigger, seems it would be way more supportive. Love love love the smushy face and keeping her so close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my sister sent me her moby wrap when i was still pregnant and the truth is-- i was a little overwhelmed with how to use it. now that felix is 5 weeks, i'm wondering why i HAVEN'T used it yet because it would be handy to do the little things around the house as you just showed me. wish me luck on trying it out! :) ps. love your baby girl's name. http://dolcevitamicaela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you and good luck! It really is so handy but can be a bit overwhelming with all of the fabric. We looked up instructions on line for how to use it and even watched a video. I think that helped. :)

    ReplyDelete