Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

What's in store?


Last week left us all feeling a bit lazy around here. With my stomach on revolt and my energy down the pipes, a good number of days were spent snuggled into a nest of pillows while the animals joined in with finding snuggle nests of their own. Luckily, come Saturday morning I was feeling mostly back to myself, the ninth months pregnant version that is.  I threw a flannel on over my tank top as we headed out to a midwife appointment followed by a trip to Art Outside at a local brewery and with that and the cooler breezes I finally started to see Fall on the horizon. I make it a point to peruse Art Outside every year and bring a little tid bit home with me, this year's treasure being a jersey silk-screened scarf from Sprouted Designs, another little something to help me welcome in the Fall and this next season in our lives. 

With Fall already being my favorite season, I am thrilled that our family will grow and change just as the seasons do. I already look forward to crunching leaves with her every fall, making cocoa and muffins together with the windows open and a cool breeze blowing in, taking walks through the changing landscape as we explore bits of nature, all of it. This first year may be limited as far as her involvement goes, but just the thought of a crunchy Fall walk with her snuggled to my chest is enough to make my cheeks flush with joy. I think I have been waiting for this moment for even longer than I realize. 

Sara

8 comments:

  1. I love Fall too. I can't believe your little lady is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is such a great time to have a baby. (I may be a little biased seeing as I had an Autumn baby, hehe).


    How exciting to have a new season arriving just as you have the start of a new season in your life too! I can't wait to 'meet' your little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favourite time of your for me too!! And sharing it with your little one will make it even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me about it, seems unreal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that we will both have autumn babies even though they will be born so many months apart. :)

    ReplyDelete