Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Slice of Life: Take 2



Moments on Instant Film

Little miss seems to be having quite the growth spurt as the past couple days she has wanted nothing more than to eat and to stay snuggled against me sleeping all day and night. If I move her for even a moment it seems the instant she realizes our skin is not touching she cries out for me. Obviously this has made for a lazy week of lounging and snuggling, but I decided early into it to give in and enjoy this cozy time with her. Plus, her little nose is kept just close enough that I can reach my lips down to give it a little kiss, and her hair is at just the right angle for my hand to run through it. If she wants her Mama, I'll be here, snuggled around her for the rest of the day, browsing the internet between taking in whiffs of her milky breath and strokes of her squishy little cheeks. I don't think that's a bad way to spend my day.

But later, when E is home, or if I decide to strap her into a carrier, I will escape to the kitchen to whip up a pumpkin cheesecake and to make myself a cup of tea while basking in the happiness that is a much needed four-day weekend with my loves. We may not have much when it comes to money or material things, but we have so much love for each other, and I don't think it gets much better than that.

Sara

2 comments:

  1. jess @ cupcakes and kaleNovember 22, 2012 at 9:15 AM

    your stories and little snippets make me long for similar days to come... happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad. It'll be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete