Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Slice of Life: Take 3





swirly bag of bones / lights that warm my heart every time / someone has been working hard / holding on to autumn a bit longer / delicious cold weather foods

I am learning more and more to just let go, to give up any idea of a schedule or strict to-do list and to just tune into I's rhythms and my own, and also ours together. There are still chores to be done and projects to be completed, but I'm finding that they follow a new sort of timeline, one that accounts for sudden bouts of cluster-feeding or an impromptu cuddle session in bed, one that is better suited to keeping me sane. Plus, just when I think there is some sort of routine it changes once again, as is the nature of making home with a little one. Better at this point to have no expectations and just ride the waves as they come because just after a night of very little sleep a night like this last one will come along and give me the much-needed hours my body was craving. You just never really know what's around the next corner and I'm starting to appreciate that as a good thing.

Sara

10 comments:

  1. Lauren @ crumbbums.comNovember 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM

    Isadora is getting so big! She's such a strong girl holding herself up like that! Also I absolutely LOVE those pinecone lights! Fantastic way to get into the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing as Lauren, she is really holding her head up high for her age! It looks awfully cozy over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay love the pine cone lights, so cool!!!! It seems you have caught on quickly to the old routine thing, as soon as you have it figured out they go and change it...get used to it :) No expectations is a good way to go right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just waiting for her to use that strength to shock me with a roll over or some such. I'm sure it'll happen sooner than I can imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Those lights always make me smile a bit and make for a warm atmosphere. And yes on the routine. Today was a perfect example, for after two days of routine morning and afternoon naps she threw me a new curve today. It definitely helps being in this new state of mind about things though and going with the flow of everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I snagged those lights on ultimate clearance after christmas last year and they've been up almost ever since. And oh my, that girl and her strength, I can only imagine what she'll do next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie @ Oh Baby ODecember 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM

    ♥ Love how warm and cozy your home looks!
    And yes, children can be incredibly compassionate, can't they? They always seem to "just know" when mama needs some rest. Hope you're able to get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true. You have to just go with the flow and find a new rhythm....that is constantly changing tempos. :) By the way, is that your dog? Because I think our dogs are cousins!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. It does seem children can be compassionate. Just when things get to be a bit overwhelming it seems that some sort of relief comes along and makes everything manageable again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tempos are constantly changing for sure, but it's a beautiful rhythm. That is our dog (one of three). He's some sort of mastiff/pit bull/lab mix and pretty awesome. I remember seeing photos of your dogs before, but can't recall them, I'll have to keep an eye out. :)

    ReplyDelete