Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Oh Hey!

Remember me? Kind of? Sort of? Maybe at least a little bit? I'm still here and chugging along, enjoying being a Mom to my very high needs baby even though that high needs part can get super tough, hence my not writing here often. We think if we can at least get more of a handle on figuring out her nap needs and catching her at the right times to get enough sleep we'll be golden, so that's the plan right now.  I'm convinced a well-rested baby equals a happy home and while she sleeps pretty well most nights, naps are hard to come by and we are still figuring it all out. No worries though, for I happen to have a Grade A husband that is just as committed to making life with this little girl just as wonderful as can be and who is a perfect partner through this journey. Without him you would probably find me passed out face down in the little bit of snow that is currently gracing our yard while the dogs trampled over my body. His dedication to our family and the well-being of each of us and our home is so comforting. Rather than watching movies or passing out on the couch when he gets home from a full day of work, he sweeps the floors, does the dishes, plays with little miss, and often cooks us supper while I nurse her, whatever he can do to contribute. I really lucked out with that one.

Our time has been very full lately with caring for out little Buggy, but also full of rearranging our home, enjoying the holidays together and with our families, and dreaming up plans and wishes for the new year to come. New Years is in my top two on favorite holidays and I always look forward to the fresh year of endless possibilities. Happy late Christmas and early New Years to you all. I hope these days are filled with so much goodness for each and every one of you.

Sara

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful family photo!!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the family picture! i hope the new year brings better naps and a happier mood for izzy, resulting in a more rested mama for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful family photo! You'll love having those photos in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sara! i hope you don't mind that i found my way here. i saw that you and kate are friends on ravelry, and then i found your blog. :O) i just thought i'd drop you a note and tell you that i'm RIGHT THERE WITH YOU on the no nap front. maggie will doze for about 10-20 minutes a few times throughout the day, but that's it. she does do a long stretch of 4-6 hours at night, though, so i can't complain. i really look forward to that stretch of sleep! my time at home with maggie is coming to an end as school starts up again in a week and i'm a mess already, feeling guilty about leaving her, worrying that i'll miss too much of her life, wondering how i'll manage to keep her exclusively breastfed when i'm in class for 9 hours per day, five days per week...anyway, i wish i had more free time because it would be such a relief to hang out with a momma who also has a high-need baby and understands what it entails. it can be exhausting, but there is nothing i'd rather be doing. i hope you had a wonderful holiday season!
    -sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice photo of all three of you. That looks like Isadora's 'not impressed' face. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and happy New Year to you and yours as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I hope so too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. I have to make a conscious effort to take these photos or ask for E to take some, but I'm glad to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! So glad to "see" you here. I feel ya for sure. Izzy is a decent sleeper at night for the most part (everything's been a bit wacky lately), but the days are just crazy. Most of the time she will only stay asleep for any length of time if she is latched on and sleeping/nursing at the same time. I don't mind doing it for her, but it does start to wear on me physically. I try to just focus on each day as it comes though, for everything is constantly changing, and while it can be pretty rough at times I know that it won't be like this forever. I'm just glad we're all about attachment parenting already because I can only imagine it would be so much worse if we were trying to make her fit some kind of schedule, sleep in her own room, etc. I'm sure it works for some people, but I think we would just get zero sleep and have a very unhappy baby. Maggie is adorable and will be so proud of you for continuing your schooling one day. I think you can do it with the breastfeeding still, so long as you have sufficient breaks to pump and all. I'm kind of obsessed with breastfeeding lately and have read up on so many things since, you know, I'm often sitting here with my boobs out and reading a book or using a free hand to read on my phone. There's a facebook group called "This Milk Matters" that I follow and there are always a lot of informative fan questions (anyone can submit one I think). They post I lot so I have to pick and choose which to read, but there are always a lot about pumping/supply/etc. Maybe way too much information, but you are awesome and knowing you have a high needs girl too and are still able to function means you are an awesome mom too! Maybe when you are on a break or something and the girls are a bit older (and hopefully a bit more settled! :) ) we can get together. I loved meeting you and Kate that once we were able to actually make it to book club and would love to be around other veggie/knitting/fun mamas. I know you'll be even more busy soon, but feel free to stop by here or email me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, thanks! So hard to find one where all three of us like decent. :)

    ReplyDelete