Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Slice of Life: Take 5





So Very Thankful for Firsts / Diaper Duty / A Stocking For Iz / Gifts From Friends now Decorate Isadora's Letter


This week has been moving more slowly than the last. The days seem longer, but that is probably because of the nights feeling longer as well. For the past week or so I have been having the worst time trying to settle my mind enough to fall asleep. No worries though, E and I have plans to find some kind of book light to use in the evenings, as reading to sleep has always worked well for me in the past. I think part of it has also been my achey body. My knees have been aching a lot in the past month or so. In fact, today I was thinking that I should go ahead and start slowly trying to shed a little of the extra weight to see if that would help a bit on it's own. I thought this while eating chocolate chip cookies, but you know, that's how these things sometimes go. We are all doing okay though. I spent yesterday afternoon working on secret Christmas projects for my love after putting Iz down for a long afternoon nap. Today she is back to only napping on me and seems to be in the thick of a three month growth spurt, but I take the changes as they come. Some days I'm on top of it all, and others the best I can do is keep us both fed and clothed, I think that's all par for the course. 

Sara

8 comments:

  1. Okay that picture of Isadora is too cute!! Her stocking is beautiful. And the gnome looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of your home - I love Izzy's first Christmas ornament! Sometimes when I have trouble turning my mind off, I try counting slowly from 10 to 1 and with each number, I try to focus on nothing but that number. And if my mind (inevitably) wanders in the middle of things, I go back to 10 and start again. It usually gets me to sleep pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time stopping by your absolutely adorable blog! What a beautiful family and home you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the sleeping thing sorts itself out. That can be very frustrating. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Merry belated Christmas to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! You know, the number thing, my Mom used to have me do something similar, counting down from 100 and I still try it now, but without much success. I'll try your method too though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I think she's such a silly and cute little girl. I agree the gnome looks great, it helps that it is from someone so wonderful. ;)

    ReplyDelete