Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day by Day

I have to admit that my little lady is just getting cuter and cuter by the day. She keeps me busy, but also keeps my heart full. Lately, as you have read, it has been pretty challenging, but I also know this time we are putting in will pay off in the end with a well-adjusted little girl who knows she can always turn to us no matter what. As a child I often longed for someone to hold me close, would lay awake at night wanting to call for my mom or to go to her while not being able to. I would hide around the house hoping for someone to come looking for me, would beg my sister to let me sleep with her in her room. Issues much? Well yeah, but my point is that I don't want Iz to ever feel that way and I really do believe giving her exactly what she needs and being there for her whenever she needs me will be worth every overworked nipple, rough day, and cold meal. Today being there for her equaled sitting on the couch while she nursed and slept for almost the entire day. Only stopping for small bouts of diaper changing, playing, and laughing until I nearly cried before starting it all over again. Good thing this kid makes for hilarious company since trying to get out of the house with her these days is pretty insane. Each time she awakes she smiles so big and she spends plenty of time each day screeching and babbling while watching how I'll react. So, yeah, some days can do me in a little more than I would like to admit, but I wouldn't give up this time with her for a million bucks. She makes me even happier than I could have ever anticipated and today I recommitted to taking things one day at a time, squeezing out all of the good that I can and powering through the tougher moments, leaving the previous one behind and not worrying ahead to the next one. Sounds like a pretty solid plan to me.

Sara

6 comments:

  1. That photo on the right...wow, so beautiful!!! Hugs to you mama, the long days, the rough days, they can seem never ending, but they do end, I promise. Enjoy those moments of smiles and giggles between everything else :) If you ever need to talk you know how to reach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren @ crumbbums.comJanuary 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM

    Oh, yeah. She is truly getting cuter by the day! Such a smart-looking little one, too! And I know how you feel. It is worth feeling like a human pacifier to make them feel secure. It goes by too fast! Before you know it, she will be pushing your kisses away, saying, "Aw, Mom!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup she is pretty darn cute :) It's amazing the amount of joy and love a little one brings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, and yes, so much joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. I do not look forward to those days of her pushing me away and am embracing these attached days just the best I can. I'm usually just fine so long as I can get a meal in my own belly and keep some water and entertainment nearby for when she falls asleep, but is still attached. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. She was looking pretty cute that day in her mama knit leg warmers and headband. Love that little gal. Thanks for all of the support. There are so many joyful times between the joyful-yet-rough times that it makes every minute worth it. I would de absolutely anything for her.

    ReplyDelete