Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Time and Love

There is not much time these days for anything that cannot be done with that sweet girl in my arms and definitely not many chances for pulling out my non-phone camera, but I am so thankful to have that little gadget for capturing little moments I would probably not have otherwise. And the having her in my arms? Those times can be tiring, but then I see photos of friends seven month old babies sitting and crawling and I pull her in a little closer while begging her to stay small for awhile longer. I simultaneously feel joy and aching in my heart at the thought that she will one day not be so tiny. This weekend my first niece celebrated her second birthday and I was unable to make the trip to attend. That evening her grandpa posted photos on Facebook, and, as usual, I smiled and cried at the same time, but this time, being a Mom myself, other feelings were mixed in. Not only was I missing my sister and her girls, but I felt joy knowing that my little baby would one day be having a party of her own and that these hard days would be distant memories. And you know where that goes...right back to the freaking out at the thought of her growing. Being a parent really is such a roller coaster mind trip isn't it? Being a parent to my sweet Iz really does command me to focus on each day and to do my best to soak up the sweetest parts while the challenges roll away because before you know it your newborn is nearly four months old and you really don't know how that happened.

Sara

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy it all!! Because yes it does go by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren @ crumbbums.comJanuary 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM

    Oh the cuteness is just too much! I love the way you dress this girl!


    And yes, I agree! Parenthood is totally a roller coaster mind trip! But even though you will miss these days someday, it is truly awesome when they start to talk. Sometimes hearing their perspective on life is the most hilarious, humbling, interesting thing I could have imagined! Oh, and thank you for the recommendation to the sculpture park in St. L. It looks amazing and I cannot believe we haven't been there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a mom seems like the most amazing thing. I already ponder life all the time and I know when I am a parent I will do so even more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nearly 4 months... those words along make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm starting to realize that more and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I need to get to hitting up some consignment shops and such though because she is growing out of everything so quickly.


    I love when kids start to talk. They crack me up constantly. I hope you all are able to check out the sculpture park soon, I think you'll really like it. Very kid / adult / dog friendly and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very amazing and intense and wonderful and crazy all wrapped into one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right?! When did this happen?

    ReplyDelete