Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

What a Trip

Today was Tough friends. Yes, Tough with a capital "T" tough. Call it a four month growth spurt, call it a sleep regression, call it a wonder week, call it four month wakeful, call it whatever you want, but I'm just going to call it Crazy Town. At one point she wouldn't sleep even though she was so incredibly tired. Not a single method worked so I tied her onto my body, headed to the kitchen and whipped up a batch of cookies, gobbling a hot one down before going into her room for another go round. It was one of those days where I felt like I spent the entire day doing nothing but trying to get her to sleep, not out of my need for it, but because of the fact that she was so tired, rubbing her eyes, fussing, acting unsettled, you know the drill, and I knew sleep would be the only way to help her out. After one of those kinds of days I can be left feeling a bit frazzled, but I know she only needs to be held close and helped through it and once she was tuckered out for a stretch after another go round of swaddling, nursing, and comforting, I began looking for a particular photo and stumbled upon so many, along with the photos from her birth, and those made me want to go pick her up for a snuggle and taking in her smallness while it lasts, because I really have a hard time believing she was ever that small and I know todays small will be yesterdays small before I know it. 

Sara

8 comments:

  1. Hoping today is better for you and Isadora. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::hugs:: it may have been in the past, but i can relate to this post. hang in there mama. it passes. and then it will seem like the distant pass. i promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I am so sorry. That was probably hard. She does look so tiny and so precious. All stages are ones to be held dear. I just imagine Lotus longingly holding onto her new baby's youth one day and that makes me even more sad!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those days are so hard! I feel your pain...some days it was hopeless, other days the swing was our lifesaver...or grandma. :) hope it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems each day is a new adventure! :) I really don't mind, it can get hard, but I know it won't last forever. Having a pretty "high needs" baby makes me worried a bit about the next time around, but we won't think about that too much yet and just focus on getting her to more solid footing. She's such a joy though, so I can't ever mind too much. It definitely does get hard though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, you! You stop that crazy talk! They are going to stay babies forever, didn't you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly what I want to hear and not what I want to hear at all, you know? She already grew so quickly with her small squishy sleepy phase only lasting less than a week, so while I look forward to smoother days in the future I also can't hold onto these days tightly enough. This parenthood gig is a tricky one to grasp hold of emotionally, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it was, isn't it funny how that goes, the craziest day followed by one that gives you a bit more space to breathe? She's such a joy, but I do wish I could get her the sleep she needs more easily, for her sake. I know it will come in time though even if she keeps mixing it up on us. Just tonight she was happy as a clam in her swaddle and then E went to rock her to sleep when she stirred after just nursing for a long spell and she when he unswaddled her for a moment she stuck her arms up over her head and fell back asleep. I now this little gal will always keep us guessing. :)

    ReplyDelete