Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Warmth

The shades are drawn but the sun is peaking through and as she slumbers beside me her warm belly rounded out with milk pulses up and down beneath my palm. Her slow breaths of sleep warm my chest and our legs rest beside each other beneath the thin cotton cover. In this moment I am immensely happy and my eyes have swollen with the kind of tears that only come with happiness for feeling such all consuming love. This is more than I ever knew I wanted and also everything I need.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sara, so incredibly beautiful. I know just the love you feel. I never knew I was capable of loving so much or so lovable til I became a mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty amazing feeling, that intense love for another human being.


    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is. I knew I would love her, but I couldn't really understand to what extent and how fully until she was here. It's a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I feel the same. It's so hard to understand that kind of love until you are consumed by it.

    ReplyDelete