Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Slice of Life: Take 10






Perfect Combo / First Garden Treasures / For Garlic Lemonade / Kale-Splosion  / Bath and Books in the Early Morning / Tasty Supper

Our garden is small but mighty and giving us treasures for our bellies. Tonight our basil was whipped up into a dairy-free pesto, spread over toast and topped with fresh from the garden tomatoes...a very good choice. We also enjoyed our first harvest of kale over the weekend and there is plenty more to come. 

And the garlic? That was for our garlic lemonade. We have all been a bit clogged up and foggy in the head, with E having it the worst, so I thought it was time to try out the garlic lemonade recipe I had been eyeing in Naturally Healthy Babies and Children. We were worried it would be hard to swallow, but I think it's pretty tasty and I am glad to have this recipe in our arsenal. Now let us all hope this little bug passes us by just as fast as it came.

Just hopping around here, but you see that yellow box Iz is riding in? (since deleted) She loves it. I pull her all around the rug and she smiles and laughs. I love it too. We had to put her in disposables for a bit to treat what we thought was a yeast rash while we treated her cloth and while we now doubt that was what was really going on and she is back in her normal diapers I'm glad to have that yellow box to make her smile. 

And now back to snuggling my love. Hope you all are having a wonderful week.

Sara

2 comments:

  1. Kim Corrigan-OliverJuly 17, 2013 at 9:10 PM

    Great photos. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friend. E has it the worst and I am only just a tad congested, but hoping it passes through and makes its way out the door really quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete