Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

There has been much talk about the anticipation of fall going around and while it is my favorite of the seasons I was not on board, choosing to relish in these warm sunny days rather than anticipating what's to come. But yesterday it hit me, with the windows and doors thrown open, a light breeze causing our porch chimes to clink and clatter and the feeling of that cool breeze across my skin, falls approach sneaked into my bones and the anticipation set in. A family trip to the pumpkin patch, corduroy and cardigans, warm cups of tea and a baby in hand knits, yes, I can get on board with that. At the same time, I know it will come soon enough and I have every intention of enjoying these long sunny days while they're here. We have been taking walks, swinging at the park, picking tomatoes from the garden, and enjoying every last drop of sunshine while it lasts. Although I did cast on for a little sweater last night - in preparation - because after fall comes winter and that one's a bit harder for me to swallow. 

What about you? Are you preparing for the changing of seasons or just focusing on today? Maybe a mix of both?

Wishing a happy weekend to you all!


Sara

4 comments:

  1. This same conversation has been floating around at work. Although I have been craving some fall drinks -- pumpkin spice anything -- I'm not ready for summer to be over. I would love to squeeze in some kayaking, a beach day and more eating/drinking on patios. What's your favorite summer drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim Corrigan-OliverAugust 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM

    I still have so much summer loving to do before fall arrives, so I am soaking up every last bit. Fall is definitely my favourite season, so I do look forward to it, but for now I am enjoying every bit of summer that is coming my way.


    Hope you are well and enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you. Fall is the best, but summer is pretty darn incredible...as are those summer gardens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh all of those activities sound wonderful. I hope you have been able to squeeze some in! I basically only drink water (other than smoothies) but I do like a nice iced herbal tea now and then. Acai Mango zinger is one tasty flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete