Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Snuggles and Love

Tonight she went to bed with a stuffy nose, one she woke up with yesterday morning. All of our normal nightly routines would just not do, so after a bit of nursing I snuggled her to my chest, into the crook of my arm and with her skin pressed against my own, and she fell right to sleep. These moments are rare as our girl is not one to spend her days snuggling, preferring to tinker and explore, even when in our arms or laps. So, for an hour and a half we lay like that, snuggled together and me enjoying every moment of it. The folded laundry can be put away tomorrow - or not, the floors can be cleaned tomorrow - or not, I can take a shower come morning - or...probably should prioritize that, but tonight I was able to snuggle my baby so close and I will always do so when she needs me to so long as I am able. I write it here to look back on as I don't want to lose the memory of these moments. I don't want to forget feeling her belly moving up and down with my own, or the way her heart tapped against my chest. I don't want to forget the warmth that is still lingering on my skin from holding her to my body or the imprint of her ear on my arm. No stranger to how quickly the days are passing, I try with every ounce of my being to enjoy each one I have with her. These are the good days, they are the best.

Sara

6 comments:

  1. such sweet mommy moments. :) as a baby, gage always wanted to be put down in bed and left alone. one night he was sick, and cuddled up against me for hours. i remember thinking..."so this is what it's all about." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim Corrigan-OliverAugust 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM

    Savour them, they really are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those sleepy, snuggly times. I think that when I'm old and grey, one of my favorite memories of the Kid's childhood will be our Saturday afternoon naps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. Most times I am unable to fall asleep myself but I so enjoy breathing her in and having her close, watching her little belly move and her face so relaxed. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! She requires I nap with her in order to stay asleep, but even then she's attached to the boob and not all snuggled into my chest. These moments are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete