Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 7, 2013


When cleaning out boxes and bins I found this little jelly jar amongst a round of items from my grandma's house, it was the one treasure amongst all of the broken, damaged, or unnecessary items. While walking around our backyard I picked a bit of lavender from our garden, placing them in this tiny jelly jar brought me a smile amid a long string of challenging days. There has been a bit of trouble with our breastfeeding relationship that we are working hard to solve and it has been causing me a lot of stress which has manifested itself in my body in undesired ways and when paired with a bit of already present anxiety, well, it's been a bit messy in my mind and soul this week. I found myself in tears while at our nursing mom's group on Thursday and have been a bit of a mess, but I know we will push forward and keep working toward a solution. For now I try my best to focus on the little happy moments and things, bits of lavender, tiny jelly jars, a husband and daughter I love, tomatoes from our garden, yarn on the needles...

...and one other thing, that announcement I never made: my sister is moving home next weekend!

Sara

6 comments:

  1. Kim Corrigan-OliverSeptember 7, 2013 at 8:36 PM

    Oh Sara, hugs, my friend. Hang in there.



    You have the right approach, focus on the good. And what good news that is. So very happy for you, I know how much this must mean to both you and your sister. So many good times ahead for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for your about your sister - I know you have been waiting for that for that! So sorry to hear about your nursing struggles though. I'm glad you have the nursing mom's to find some support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I know you've been wanting to have her closer for some time now. My brother moved to Halifax last weekend which means both of my siblings now live where I do. It's such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It's rough with my body not feeling 100%, but I am determined to get there again.


    It is so exciting! I still feel like it isn't real, but I'm sure as soon as they are in town we will adjust quickly. How wild that she will only be a short drive away starting this Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! We are all so excited about this move. :) The nursing mom's group is amazing and I've found quite a wonderful mama tribe through it which has been quite a blessing, especially at times like these. We are working hard at these struggles though so hopefully we can get things back to easy and smooth again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thrilled, it's going to be wonderful having everyone close. My brother and his family also moved back earlier this summer so, like you, we are now all going to be living in the same area! :) We are a bit spread out still in this area, but no further than a 40 or so minute drive at the furthest. I'll take it! :)


    Enjoy having your own clan back together too! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete