Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1, 2013

A birthday behind us. A small party with family and a few of our longest-held friends. A bin full of chalk that our girl likes to play with. Here we are in October.

Finding time to write is tricky lately because I prefer to be positive and with some struggles I have been facing it has been hard to know where to turn or who to talk to about it all. Finally, the day after Iz's first birthday, we figured out what has been causing our nursing struggles and basically almost every struggle we have been having since she has been born. Well, not everything, being a new parent would be life changing and world rocking and quite the adjustment regardless of anything, but the gas, the dry skin, the flattened nipples, the restless sleep, the still nursing very very frequently all through the day and night, the throwing up while trying to eat solids, the fighting and struggling at my breast....just so much. The latest person we saw for craniosacral work found her to have a moderate to severe posterior tongue tie, an upper lip tie and palette issues due to those ties. My emotions on this are so all over the place, anger for us not having found help for this sooner, frustration at not being able to get help quickly now that we know what is going on, guilt for not being able to help relieve my baby of the tension and discomfort she has been dealing with for all of her life...just so much..again. Now we just wait to get in for an evaluation at the only person in the area who can correct these ties via laser and without general anesthesia. I feel so helpless as I just want relief for her and for us now, but I know I have to be patient and hopeful and just wait. Once I have contact with the doctor and have a date to look forward to it will really help for us to push forward, but right now it is just all a bit much so I'm just trying to have fun when and where I can and be thankful we at least have more information and know where to go from here. 

Sara


6 comments:

  1. Kim Corrigan-OliverOctober 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM

    Oh no, I am so sorry. This explains so much, fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this news. I hope you are able to resolve things soon. I had to do an internet search of what that was... very unusual. Again, I am sorry to hear about that. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren @ crumbbums.comOctober 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

    Oh, Sara! My heart goes out to you! You are always so positive on this space, I had no idea about any of your struggles. I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing them with us. It sounds like it has been so hard! Try not to feel guilty, though. It's awesome that you guys found out about this issue and it can be corrected. I am sure everything is going to be okay.


    When Milo was a baby, he had to go through two surgeries to correct a congenital "issue" and it was a nightmare. We were so scared, but it all seems like a lifetime ago. In a few years, this will too! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does explain just about everything. It has been a tough and wild couple of weeks but things are progressing. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Danielle. We are chugging along and making progress every day. It's not easy but we are getting there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lauren. We have had the procedure and have had a bit of a complication along the way but are on the upswing now and making progress each day. I will probably do a post about it all at some point when we are further in as I found other peoples blog posts to be helpful after we found out what was going on and started researching. It's been a wild ride but you do what you have to do, right? Rough at the time but just a small part of our story in the long run. :)


    Thank you for your support. I admire your strength having to have had a bay in surgery. Ours was lucky a relatively quick and minor procedure so I can only imagine. You're amazing and such a wonderful mama to those three boys.

    ReplyDelete