Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014





We are knee-deep in snow and cozying up from a cold more extreme than we are accustomed to here in Missouri. All is well though and we have enjoyed a lot of time together over the past couple of weeks thanks to the holiday and a few extra days off for E. Tomorrow we are back to a more typical schedule, one that will leave us missing our guy but that will leave room for reconnecting with friends once the weather and streets allow for such. 

The big news in our lives is that my second nephew was born late Saturday evening, making me an aunt times six for which I am so very grateful and also causing quite a stir in my heart as the unexpectedly extreme weather has kept us from being able to get there to snuggle him and welcome him to our family. It's quite unfortunate that this is the first baby born while we are all in the same town and yet we are kept from meeting him. In time.

And just as he is being born we are also preparing to celebrate my first-born niece as she turns three this Saturday. We are so well acquainted these days that I feel more lucky than ever to be able to celebrate together and to delight her with gifts of a tiny fairy and felted dragons and with so many hugs. It's going to be a good day.

Not to scatter my thoughts even more but I'm in a bit of a limbo around here. This space is good for me, it helps me to capture memories in a way I don't tend to do in paper form and I so enjoy looking back over my posts. I enjoy sharing and connecting with others. I enjoy a lot, but I also don't know where I would like to draw the line with sharing images of my sweet daughter. For now I will continue with as many words as I wish but only share photos without her face in view and I don't know if that will continue or if that will make me feel any better, but for now it will make me feel most comfortable while I figure it out. Any thoughts on all of that sort of thing from you other mamas? 

Here's hoping you are all staying warm and settling well into the new year that is somehow already upon us. 

Sara

3 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about the extreme, extreme winter weather all around the country. I'm a CA girl that moved into the mountains... still in CA, but I start to complain around 40 degrees. I can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. I know it must be very cold to keep you all indoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words over in my space Sara. It made me realize I hadn't read anything from you in a while, and after checking in here I discovered I had missed this post. It's funny - I was just having a talk about this with my friend the other day - about how for as much as I love sharing the growth and development of my little bean (not to mention the trials of mamahood), part of me feels a heavy guilt of creating such a personal online imprint for Woodrow without his consent. Part of me thinks he'd be all for it if he could tell me so, but how can you really know? You know? For now I'm not going to change how I share our life, but I think it's important to talk about it and figure it out. Thanks for starting the conversation :)

    ReplyDelete