Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

A Year of Projects: Projects 1, 2, 3 & 4

This year I aim to complete 52 projects - here are some of them:

Project 1: Simple curtains for the front room. We had heavy brown curtains on here that just didn't feel right, so with a half off any cut of fabric coupon at Joann Fabrics I picked up this simple print and made short curtains to replace the old ones. Since then we have added blinds and I have plans to add sheers as well to bulk it out a bit and make things feel a bit more comfy-cozy, our decorating style of choice. 



Project 2: Floor length curtains for our bedroom. Another half off coupon purchase for the fabric of course and a definite upgrade. We had bright red curtains in here, along with bright red walls and no trim. E painted the walls the light grey I had picked out months ago, finished up all of the trim and helped me hang our new curtains. Projects on the horizon for this space also include making a platform height bed-frame and some oversized printed photos for above our bed.



Project 3: Chalkboard trays for I and friends/siblings-of-the-future. I had found a stack of vintage metal trays at a goodwill outlet in the past and decided to repurpose them for this project with some chalkboard paint we already had on hand. They also double as magnet trays which is how they are used most often these days since my favorite tiny person thinks art supplies are especially tasty.



Project 4: Decorative window for above our bedroom dresser. We had this window hanging in a different spot already but decided this would be a better spot for it long-term. We picked it up years ago at a random antique market. I cut scrapbook paper to size and attached it with a generous amount of double-sided tape and then made a length of pom pom garland from my yarn stash, choosing colors that coordinated with those in the curtains made for project 2.  I love how this simple little project brightens up our room.



I think we are on project 13 or so now so I will be playing a bit of catch-up and then maybe post each additional project 1 or 2 at a time. I share them on instagram as we go but since I am often inspired by little projects I see on other people's blogs I thought it would be nice to share them here as well. I haven't shared any in a few weeks but there are about 5 or so in the works, so hopefully we can get some of those completed soon. Always plenty to do around here as we make our house feel more like home.

Have you been making anything lately?

Sara

3 comments:

  1. Kim Corrigan-OliverApril 1, 2014 at 5:49 AM

    What great projects. I love little projects that can change how a room feels. Love those chalkboard trays, such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. It really is the little projects that all add up to making our house feel like home.

    ReplyDelete