Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

A Year of Projects: Projects 5 & 6

This year I aim to complete 52 projects - here are some of them:


Project 5: LOVE sign made with our daughter's hand and footprints at 16 months old. I had seen this idea online at some point and it stuck in my mind. Fearing her hands and feet would soon be too large to make this reasonable we made a mock-up on paper and then E cut a board to size. I coated it with a couple of coats of paint we already had on hand and Iz helped out with the rest. This now hangs above our bedroom door and it makes me happy every time I see it so I'd say it's a successful project.



Project 6: Whoever lived here before us had put in these wine bottle holes in the wall and they were always such an eyesore. They would end up filled with scraps of paper/pens/random items...you get the idea. We put our heads together and thought shelves would be nicer, somewhere to store our cookbooks specifically since we would usually have to travel to the bookshelves two rooms away to get to them and they would always accumulate in a pile on the counter until someone returned them. So we made a plan and E made it happen and I am happy to say these shelves have been serving us well. It was also nice to really look through our cookbooks and put a few in the giveaway pile that we realized we were never using.

Be on the lookout for my favorite project so far next week!

Sara

2 comments:

  1. Kim Corrigan-OliverApril 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM

    I love that sign, great idea! And yay for handy husbands :) The new bookshelf looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And yay for handy husbands indeed! Between the two of us we can get most things done on our own around here, a definite perk! :)

    ReplyDelete