Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Year of Projects: Projects 12, 13 & 14

This year I aim to complete 52 projects - here are some of them:

Project 12: A children's/sensory/fun garden in the corner of our larger garden. We thought our sweetest would enjoy a place of her own to dig and play while we worked on planting and weeding. These days there are marigolds along the edges and we need a lot less clothes when visiting and it is serving its purpose well...on some days. There is much more interest on our daughter's part in ripping up the purposefully planted items than digging in her special plot of earth, but we do hang out together in there from time to time and her cousins all love to dig and play in there as well.



Project 13: Book/Toy ledges for our girls room. These are super simple but also super effective and useful. Here's a link to a tutorial. The books and toys are constantly rotated by tiny hands and she has also found it to be a useful spot to place her water bottle at night.


Project 14: Wooden sheep and pig. We finally got our hands on a scroll saw so I was excited to sketch out these two and get to work. They are made with scrap oak from another project and the details were made with a wood-burning tool with the color being added on with basic watercolors and then covered with a homemade wood cream. I hope to make more in the future, but will use a softer wood to see what the difference is. 



I have a bit of catching up to do as one of my most recent projects kept me away from others for a bit, but I have no doubt I will make it to 52 by the end of the year and I will be interested to look back on all I have done. 

Have you been working on any projects of your own lately? 

Sara

2 comments:

  1. Kim Corrigan-OliverJuly 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM

    Look at you working away on the scroll saw, you go! Love the animals, and your other projects. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to work with the saw. I have another project in the works that will involve some more time with that new toy of ours and I'm itching to get started. :)

    ReplyDelete