Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Year of Projects: Projects 9, 10 & 11

This year I aim to complete 52 projects - here are some of them:

Project 9: A 16x20 frame for our bathroom. Just a quick first-time-is-all-I-am-doing brush of the words "you are beautiful and strong" on watercolor paper and mounted on scrap fabric then put into an already had on hand frame that was black but re-painted white for this purpose. This one didn't cost anything and it may not be the perfect script, but it does make me smile each time I am greeted with it.



Project 10: A knit rainbow cat for my gal's Easter basket. I was craving a project and had some sock weight yarn with no purpose so did a search on ravelry and settled on this project. If I can ever find a link to it I will be sure to add it for anyone who might be interested. It was a quick knit with it all being knit in one piece aside from the arms and tail and seams being added for the legs and ears and would make a quick and easy new baby gift. I would use a different yarn in the future and try to sew the face on before filling or use different methods, but it was a fun and quick project to make a dent in that ball of yarn. 



Project 11: An "Imagine" banner for the wall above my daughter's art table. This was another use-what-you-have project using scraps of floral fabrics and a couple packages of tiny bias tape I had on hand.



More to come!

Sara 

2 comments:

  1. Kim Corrigan-OliverJuly 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM

    What lovely making my friend. I love it all, but that first piece with the quote, I just might have to steal that idea :) Hope you are well and enjoyed your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do steal the idea! It's a great little reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete