Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Year of Projects: Projects 20, 21, 22 & 23

This year I aim to complete 52 projects - here are some of them:

Project 20: Color, number and letter rings. We don't really do flashcards as a way of learning, but I like having these around for I to look at for recognition and she loves looking through them to tell me what things are. 



Project 21: Mama's Flower Garden. As you can see things got a little wild in there on this first year. Sunflowers bloomed in abundance in the months to come, but the flax was out of control. Being something I've never grown before I wasn't sure what to expect and when it came time to plant I just scattered seeds and let it be. Next year there will be a lot less height and a lot more color. It's just nice to have the soil prepared and the fence in place to set this spot aside for just flowers. 



Project 22: Butterfly, Bird & Wildflower prints for I's room.  I had been brainstorming for the best way to fill this wall for months and just couldn't think of anything that felt right for our girls room. Then I saw these prints from Imagine Childhood and scooped them right up. It took a long time to purchase the frames, but I eventually gathered coupons and found these and then jumped into the tedious task of cutting, lining up and taping scrapbook paper for backing them. I love how they turned out and Isadora loves looking at all of the plants and creatures on her wall. A perfect fit for our nature loving girl. 




Project 23: Bow Holder for I's room. I had been thinking this one up for a long while and was glad to finally put scroll saw to wood to make it happen. After cutting the pieces I sanded everything down and added lines with a wood-burning tool before adding on some highly concentrated watercolors and adding on ribbon to hold the bows. Grammy has made her many bows since and I have plans to make some as well so I may have to add longer ribbons, but it is so nice to have these all accessible rather than searching for them when needed and I like the added sunshine in her space.  



I'm on project 40 now and on track to reach my goal of 52 by the end of the year so expect to see a weekly post of projects through December while I catch up. Have you been making anything lately? Any holiday projects being made? 

Sara

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so great. We have the same posters decorating Reece's room :) Love the bow holder, so sweet! Can't wait to see what else you have been working on. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love all of your projects! So great that you've kept the pace and ploughs rfeough them, and they're each wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Definitely playing catch-up toward the end here after a few months of first trimester tiredness, but I'm excited to finish up and fit in as much creative time as I can before we're in newborn land again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And aren't those posters great? They were such a perfect find for her space...glad to see great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete