Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

A Year of Projects: Projects 24, 25 & 26

This year I aim to complete 52 projects - here are some of them: 

These projects are all the same hat in different colors for various birthday gifts. We just went through the thick of birthday season for all of I's friends and many of her cousins, so I decided to make most friends a hat as an affordable but meaningful gift.

Project 24: A Hat for J



Project 25: A Hat for I (she kept this one because I decided on another color for someone else).  She has others though so it will most likely be used more for baby sister.



Project 26: A Hat originally for a good friend, but saved back for Christmas for another kiddo and made larger for the birthday boy.


Simple this week and there are more hats to come, but now that I have made it through birthday season I am really looking forward to mixing it up while I start crafting for Christmas. If you have any favorite handmade gifts for 2, 3 or 7 year olds I would love to hear about them. 

Sara 

1 comment:

  1. Great hats. I have just finished knitting up all of our Solstice hats, and cast on one more for a friend who is collecting some to give to someone.

    Handmade gifts for little ones...peg people, wooden tree blocks, knitted animals, story bag...you could also sew up a drawstring bag, use some wooden circles (cut from tree branches) and draw images (leaf, bug, tree, sun, etc) on them...kids use them to create stories. Lots of fun.

    Have fun with your holiday crafting!

    ReplyDelete