Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

A Year of Projects: Projects 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 & 52

This (past) year I aimed to complete 52 projects - here are some of them: 

Project 45: A simple child-sized rolled cowl using a pattern from The Rhythm of Family. Knit up so quickly. I had to learn a loose cast-off to make for a stretchy edge - a nice new skill to add to the mix!

(no photo now but like mine below just smaller :) )

Project 46: I altered the child-sized cowl and through a bit of trial and error worked it up into an adult-sized cowl as well for a mama and me set for us gals. So thick, cozy and warm.



Project 47: Some simple crayon rolls for coloring on the go. One for my gal and two for parts of her best pals Christmas presents.



Project 48: A big pile of cowls! Two mama and me sets for my dearest mama friends and Iz's dearest pals and another adult sized one for a long-time friend.



Project 49: A trio of purple hats for Christmas presents and such. The largest for my mother-in-law, the medium for a niece whose sister received one for her birthday and a tiny one for their baby sister (our newest niece who was born this January).



Project 50: A felt tic-tac-toe roll I made up to gift to my oldest nephew for Christmas. This was really fun to come up with and put together.



Project 51: A big batch of soy candles - my first ones ever. I used pure soy wax and cotton wicks from Bramble Berry and essential oils to add a bit of scent. I love how these turned out but will increase the amount of oils next time around - there will definitely be a next time. Made in 8 oz jars and finished off with a piece of scrap fabric and a little label affixed to the top to add some charm. These were included in gifts for some mama friends and my own mom, a few are scattered around our home and a few remain in my cabinet for future gifting.



Project 52: A simple "pixie" type hat for Iz inspired by a friend on Instagram. For this I just measured her head, knit up a rectangle with a bit of garter stitch sides, seamed it up and added some braided ties. She calls it her dino hat because of the shape (and possibly color?).

(no photo right now)

And that brings me to my goal of 52 projects, but stay tuned for another 8 to be shared in the next few days to wrap up 2014's year of projects!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment