Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Year of Projects: Projects 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 & 60

This (past) year I aimed to complete 52 projects - here are some of them: 

Project 53: Two more child-sized cowls for my sister's girls just because.



Project 54: A yellow sweater for Iz. I had started this months and months ago and set it aside when picking up the sleeves left me flustered, so I finally picked it back up and challenged myself to make it happen, leaving me with my first completed long-sleeved sweater. Pattern is called Tiny Tea Leaves.



Project 55: A big batch of tea infused chamomile lavender lip balms for our family and to add into gift packages for some ladies for Christmas. These were so easy and rewarding to make and something I look forward to making more of in the future with different blends of oils. So simple and rewarding.




Project 56: A red "In Threes" for my girl who specifically requested a red sweater. This one made in the next biggest size so she can wear it next Fall.



Project 57: A tiny orange "In Threes" for our tiniest girl. This will probably fit her best next fall/winter as well and I can't wait to see her in it.



Project 58: A little grove of pine trees I created for Iz's stocking.




Project 59: A wooden cradle for our baby-loving girl for her Christmas present. Basic plans were found on Ana White and we added sloped sides and a little cut-out on one end for our little moon gazer. Inside I sewed up a simple pad and pillow to cozy it up a bit.



Project 60: An orange "Wyatt" sweater for Iz. Orange is her current "favorite" color and she had been asking for an orange sweater for awhile so I made this as her second Christmas present and have loved seeing her enjoy it and always smile when she requests to wear it.

(no photo right now)



And with that my year of projects is complete! I'm really satisfied with how that challenge inspired me to grow and dive in to my creativity and am still enjoying the results of that creative surge as we start this next year. Lots of sewing happening around here and I'm looking forward to sharing. I wasn't planning to challenge myself to a certain number of projects to complete in this coming year, knowing we will have our hands full with our second daughter being born, but I've hit a creative streak of sorts (trying to get in as much as I can before things have to slow down) and am over 20 projects in so only time will tell!

Sara

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness Sara, that last pic is adorable!! What a sweetheart. So many wonderful creations. xo

    ReplyDelete