Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 26, 2015

As seems to be common these days I am once again being pushed to let go, to grow and to put in the hard work needed to change. We are spending money we don't have to defend ourselves for something we didn't do, but doing it all the same for the peace of mind and the freedom on the other side, knowing that kindness will win out in the end. We are missing out on experiences small and large due the particular place we find ourselves in and we are feeling the struggle on our journey as we feel the weight of such things piling on, but when you wipe away the stresses and the sadness and the unfortunate state of things, we are happy.

Today I am all in - I am choosing happiness over everything else and choosing to let go. To put on my blinders a bit to what is happening outside of our four walls to focus on what is inside. This year we may have to miss out on some things we were hoping to do, we may purposefully pass on others, we may not be in the loop with the rest of the world as it can all be a bit too much, but we will be in the loop with us. We will focus on our family and our home and our pets above all else and we will nurture these things with everything we have and will consider anything beyond that as extra, a bonus, a compliment to the fulfillment we will continue to find amongst ourselves. We will tune out distractions that get in the way of showing our love fully and giving our "us" what it needs to thrive.

Today I promise...

...to tune out distractions to tune into love.
...to let those I care for know in all the ways I know how.
...to resist technology temptations that distract from what matters most of all.
...to allow my pen and notebook to provide the therapy and guidance I need most.
...to keep our family and our goals in the forefront of my mind and not let outside pressures or desires cloud my vision.
...to hug my fella and our girls close and show them that I see them, to let them know they are known.
...to put kindness, love and compassion out into the world.
...to allow myself the space to breath and remember and further discover who I am at my core.

It may not look like much from the outside but these past twenty-four hours have led me to a clarity I was seeking, a path I needed to travel and the strength I needed to take the first step. The journey ahead will no doubt bring all of the proper insights and struggles needed to find my way.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there my friend. So sorry to hear you are struggling on your journey at the moment. Sending you love and hugs, as you navigate these waters.

    I love your list of promises, you will find your way my friend. It might not be easy, and it might not be pretty, but you will come out on the the other side stronger, and happier. Hang in there.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I've so missed posting here and also interacting with you more. Life has been busy with our girls...Iz getting so big and O too.

      And thank you for the encouragement. I always say the struggles just make you stronger and am sticking to it! We are having a nice big UP moment too, so hopefully we can really enjoy and embrace that once some of these other things pass by. I feel so lucky to have our happy healthy family of four and while some days can get hard with the impact of life outside our walls and you know, being an adult and all that can come with that, I'm so happy we are able to stay happy and appreciate all we do have.

      Delete