Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2015

I Want to Remember...


...drinking hot cocoa and decorating the tree with Iz while O napped and E hung decorations out front.

...realizing I have the power to heal myself in more ways than I knew.

...the hawks. All of them. And how they are always there to remind me to stay focused through these challenging months of patience, hard work and transition.

...walking in on Iz cooking at her play kitchen in nothing but a dinosaur tail and sparkly cape.

...an unseasonably warm day to do yard chores with one girl on my chest and the other with her garden gloves on and working alongside me.

...juicing all the old mealy apples with zI and drinking up the results...even if those results left a dirty sock kind of taste in my mouth. She was delighted.

...putting love into our home and feeling the love being put back out.

...watching Iz jump and bounce on the couch full of joy in front of our front window with the outdoor garland and ornaments just behind her.

...escaping to the backyard for alone time with my Iz and making pretend fires out of pieces of branches, cooking imaginary marshmallows over that fire and making s'mores out of bark and leaves.

...that it is okay to lean on others and to not have to do it all alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment