Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

I Want to Remember...





...to take my glasses off more often and nuzzle into the faces of my girls. I have often contemplated contacts for this reason alone - more chances for spontaneous nuzzling without glasses in the way.

...I riding around in tiny circles on her tricycle in her birthday suit. That girl and that bike - she's always been so skilled at it and so all about it.

...all the times I catch I saying "us" and "we" lately in reference to her and O. Rather than, "can you read me a book?" it's now sometimes "can you read a book to us?". A little change but a good one.

...completing I's first sewing machine project (a play quilt for her) and her spontaneously turning around to give me little kisses, telling me the time together with her learning and creating was just what she needed to fill her cup.

...I running around pretending to be a skunk and saying she's going to spray me with her "stinky mist" and then pretending to do so many times over the course of a few days.

...O taking off walking everywhere and making the switch from crawling and mostly just how happy she is, like when I had her help carry puzzle pieces back to me one by one and they were just going back and forth together as a team, I with her hand on O's shoulder and guiding her and them coming smiling back toward me. Oh my how sweet and wonderful it was.

...how much I loves her mama mades. Her first three pairs of 'moon pants' are in constant rotation.

...how great it feels to shed all of the extras and to do the hard work to get where we want to be - the reward will be that much sweeter for having done so.

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful memories. It really is the little things! I love the sense of nurture you are creating - how beautiful. That first pic is so lovely too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have been trying to take less photos and focus more on the memories of the little things, hoping that if I capture them here that when I look back in them I can recall these times and smile. Thank you for such a kind comment. <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful my friend. So nice to capture these moments. Hope you are well. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. We are preparing to try to sell and move in the next few months so lots going on, but lots of minimizing and making room for the new which is refreshing and motivating and so many more things. <3

      Delete