Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Embrace


I have had a draft saved with this title, "embrace" for a couple of weeks, thinking I had found my word of the year, but the more I sat on it the more I realized it's just not right and that maybe for this year there is no single word or at least not one I have stumbled on just yet.  Embracing is definitely an everyday practice as I breathe deep through finding a millipede in the art room closet or find that little Leroy slipped off his dog diaper and peed on something again. I embrace the daily messes that are too abundant to track and I embrace that there is so much unknown in our world and in the greater world, but the word just still doesn't sum up my intentions for the year. 

This year we plan to continue settling into our house and our yard by painting and hanging art and sealing up the back room really well before building out the closets, making one into a pantry and kitchen storage of sorts since our kitchen space is tiny and making the other a more functional arts/crafts cupboard. We have garden beds to build and beds to plan and a garage to make functional for E to work in. We have a nearly two year old to continue to wait out sleeping through the night without a mid-night nursing or two. Simple speaking, we have hopes and plans aplenty and in these first couple years of living here there are going to be lots of changes and projects so while I do continue to plan to embrace life-as-is on a daily basis, to embrace our family of four, to embrace the necessity of patience, there are far too many changes in my mind to feel totally committed to such a thought.

So, while I don't have a single word for the year I do have hopes and I do have lots of love for having the opportunity to continue to change and grow as the year goes on. Meanwhile, I am embracing the hours of daylight already growing longer and am looking forward to more of that warm green grass beneath my feet when Spring comes back around and we get to experience our first Spring in our new yard. These cold days of lots of indoor time with our tiny outdoors loving people are a bit tricky and we all look forward to the warmer days that can't be too far off, but meanwhile I realize we have so much to be thankful for and am really grateful for a bit more time to order some seeds and to save back enough for supplies to get the big garden built before it's planting time. 

What about you? Do you pick a word for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment